The EIT Health Startups Meet Pharma is a challenge-based acceleration program connecting startups developing innovative solutions for chronic care with key pharma partners in Europe. In 2020, five challenges have been released in collaboration with four EIT Health Partners: Amgen, Bayer, Beiersdorf and Boehringer Ingelheim. The program consists of four different modules with the objective to train and prepare startups to discuss collaboration opportunities with pharma companies, taking place between June and November 2020.
Challenges for 2020
- AMGEN challenge titled “Choosing the right treatment for Multiple Myeloma patients”, is looking for an algorithm that would help physicians choose the right treatment.
- AMGEN challenge titled “Encourage continuity in treatment strategy and optimization for post-myocardial infarction patients”, is looking for a solution that will create a standardized procedure for post patients after discharge.
- Bayer challenge titled “Disruptive gene and cell therapies for different therapeutic areas”, is looking for Disruptive technologies useful in the therapeutic areas of Cardiology, Oncology, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Hematology and Women’s Health – or ideally for all of those as a platform technology. Breakthrough innovations for other or multiple indications might be of interest as well.
- Beiersdorf AG challenge titled “Improving the condition of diabetic skin” is looking for BioTech, MedTech or Digital Health solutions to improve the condition of diabetic skin.
- Boehringer Ingelheim RCV challenge titled “A portable interstitial lung disease diagnostic tool” is looking for a solution which could potentially help a wider range of Healthcare Professionals to early diagnose ILDs.
Duration of the program:
- Module 1 (June 15-19, Heidelberg) : 5 days “Innovation & Entrepreneurship training”. Startups will receive tailored workshops by pharma experts on the different tools and methods to successfully build their business.
- Module 2 (29 June – 3 July in Heidelberg) : 5 days workshops by pharma partners involved in the program on how to collaborate with big players in the market.
- Module 3 (September 2020) : Startups will visit selected pharma companies involved in the program to discuss collaboration opportunities.
- Module 4 (November 2020 – date & location TBD) : Demo Day. Startups will pitch their achievements in front of Investors and EIT Health stakeholders.
- Start-ups with already functioning product / prototype that already entered the market / are about to enter the market.
- Have a solution that fits any of the 5 challenges
- Committed for the whole duration of the program
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THE APPLICATION FOR THIS BRIEFING HAS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!
APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE A DECISION FROM THE BRIEFING OWNERS.
Subscribe to our newsletter below to stay tuned with upcoming briefings!